#include "breeze/cpu/get_cpuid_info.hpp" cpuid_result get_cpuid_info(std::uint32_t eax, std::uint32_t ecx)
Executes the CPUID instruction with the provided values in
- The CPUID instruction is supported (this is always true on x86_64 CPUs).
- A struct with the values of
EDXreturned by the CPUID instruction itself.
- Note that all the values (either in input and output) are 32-bit. This is not by mistake: the CPUID instruction still uses 32-bit values even in 64-bit mode.
- It's intended that this function is the lowest level before dealing with assembly. And that higher level interfaces be defined upper in the library/application logic.
- Getting Started / Building the library